Episode 39 Conversation on Corporate Power
- Corporate Power: Conversation on how excessive corporate power is creating dysfunctional elections, health care system, financial system, news media, and its affect on American democracy and its citizens..
- Prosecute Bush: Obstruction of justice in Spain and Germany by US officials exposed by WikiLeaks. Emerging facts have a way of forcing democratically governed countries to choose between maintaining their status as democracies or admitting that they are authoritarian states. If they choose to maintain their status as democracies, they have to prosecute high officials for crimes.
Click to Download Episode 39.
Recent Series: Can the Populist Left & Right Unite to Challenge the Establishment and Regain Control of Our Republic?
The answer is "yes," as history has proven. Check out the 9-part GDAE Podcast series that explores how common people across the political spectrum can come to the aid of our democracy.
GDAE Podcast Episode 29
- Motivation for reaching out to the conservatives, from a progressive perspective
GDAE Podcast Episode 30
- The Power of Ordinary People
GDAE Podcast Episode 31
- Left & Right Populists Working Together: to fix our flawed democracy
- What is a "principled" conservative: Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone magazine has some thoughts
- Audit the Fed: Bernie Sanders leads the Left & Right to push for Senate Unanimous vote on Amendment to "audit the Fed."
GDAE Podcast Episode 32
- Left & Right Populists: The American Populist movement of the 1800s with Jim Hightower (Bill Moyer's Journal).
- Left & Right United: The Tenth Amendment with Michael Boldin (Mother Jones Magazine).
GDAE Podcast Episode 33
- Principled and Unprincipled Conservatives: Will Bunch, Author of "The Backlash: Right-Wing Radicals, High-Def Hucksters, and Paranoid Politics in the Age of Obama," on the Tea Party movement and the recent primary elections.
- Principled and Unprincipled Liberals: Glenn Greenwald, former constitutional and civil rights litigator now writer and blogger.
GDAE Podcast Episode 34
- Conversation with Vince Tola: Perspectives on the potential of principled people on the left and right to join forces and reassert the power of the people over our democratic institutions. Vince is a public school teacher and Maryland Green Party organizer.
GDAE Podcast Episode 35
- Case-study from Electoral Politics: David Sirota on Tea-party-backed candidate for US Senate in Colorado, Ken Buck.
- Shared Left/Right Populist Anger: CNN interview with David Sirota explains Bush & Obama failure on Financial Bailout.
GDAE Podcast Episode 36
- Motivation for Reaching out to the Political Right on Issues of Common Concern: Preventing the Drift toward "Barbarism".
- Right-Wing TV/Radio Incitement: The case of Byron Williams who attempted to murder eleven people in San Francisco after listening to Glenn Beck and others.
- Walden Bello: A historical perspective on the Drift toward "Barbarism" and its relation to the Moviation to reach out to genuine conservatives.
- 2006 Conservative Essay: "Now Is the Time for a Left-Right Alliance: A rebel alliance already exists that could stop Bush administration attacks on the Constitution."
GDAE Podcast Episode 37
- History: Demagogues take advantage of bad economic times for political gains including the use of government to enrich themselves.
- Three economists see three futures: Pretty Bad, Very Bad and Absolutely Catastrophic.
- Call for unity among principled conservatives and progressives: Unite to counter-act dangers of demagogues during the coming hard times.